The United Methodist Women are collecting food and supplies for the Andrews Food bank. You may take your donations to the church office M-F, 8 am – 12 noon, or leave them in the box in the Chestnut Street vestibule in the Sanctuary. You can donate all food and supply items directly to the food bank in Andrews at the strip mall behind the Kobe restaurant across the street from Napa Auto Parts. For further information about United Methodist Women activities, call Beth Duncan, 828-321-4561 or Trudy Reyolds, 813-244-0444.
Hurlburt-Johnson Friendship House Homeless Shelter needs the following items: (Please see the list below of the updated regular needs list for the shelter.)
- Paper Towels – approximately 40 rolls
- Laundry Detergent – 3 to 4 pod packs – 64 count/loads
- Dryer Sheets – 3 big boxes
- Dawn Dishwashing Liquid – ONE 1/2 gallon
- Lysol Cleaning Wipes – 6 to 8 containers
- Lysol Sanitizing Spray – 6 cans
- Lysol Multipurpose Liquid – 4 big bottles
- Kitchen Trash Bags – Large and Regular – 4 large boxes
- Toilet Cleaner – 8 bottles or 12 tank pods
- High Protein Snacks including crackers, canned meat, nuts or seeds, etc.
- Fruit Snacks
- Instant Grits – 2 boxes
- Instant Oatmeal – 3 boxes
- Coffee – either 3 large cans or 2 large packs of K-Cups
- Water Flavoring Packs – 3 to 4 boxes
- Microwave breakfast items – hot pockets, biscuits, croissants, sausage pancakes, French Toast Sticks, Poptarts, Nutrition/Cereal Bars
If you have donations, you may bring them to the church office and we will arrange for them to get to the shelter. Thank you.