Yes, we are a church and provide opportunities for spiritual growth, but we’re also committed to your health and well being. We host LIFE LINE HEALTH SCREENINGS for your personal health, RED CROSS BLOOD DRIVES so you can give back, and RECREATIONAL/EXERCISE facilities to stay in shape (Gym/Walking Track/Fully equipped Exercise Room).
Health and Resource Fair – sponsored by the Lions Club and Kepro; free health information and screenings. 10 am – 4 pm on August 19, at West End Plaza in Andrews.
UPCOMING RED CROSS BLOOD DRIVES: In our Family Life Center (gym) Generally from 9am-5:30pm.
- March 23, 2023
- May 15, 2023
- July 10, 2023
- September 11th, 2023
- October 30th, 2023
UPCOMING LIFELINE HEALTH SCREENINGS: In our Family Life Center (gym) Generally from 9am-5:30pm.
- Stay tuned for dates coming in 2023
Life Line Screening, the nation’s leading provider of preventive health screenings, will offer affordable, non-invasive and painless health screenings at Andrews United Methodist Church on Monday, December 19, 2022. Below is some more information about this health screening.
A package of four screenings to identify risk for stroke, heart disease and other chronic conditions will be offered:
- Carotid Artery Screening (Plaque): An ultrasound is performed to screen the carotid arteries (a pair of blood vessels in the neck that deliver blood to your brain) for buildup of fatty plaque. This buildup, called atherosclerosis, is one of the leading causes of stroke.
- Peripheral Arterial Disease Screening: An Ankle-Brachial Index (ABI) test is performed using blood pressure cuffs on the arms and legs. It is important to screen for PAD because it increases the risk of coronary artery disease, heart attack, or stroke.1
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA): An ultrasound is performed to screen the abdominal aorta for the presence of an enlargement or aneurysm. AAA can lead to a ruptured aortic artery, which is a serious medical emergency.
- Atrial Fibrillation: A 6-lead electrocardiogram (EKG) is performed by placing sensors on the arms and legs to screen for Atrial Fibrillation. AFib can lead to blood clots, stroke, and heart failure, and other heart-related complications.2
- These 4 vital screenings take 60-90 minutes to complete. Register by calling toll free 1-888-653-6441, text the word “circle” to 216-279-1607 or online at https://llsa.social/HSC
WANNA GET BACK IN SHAPE?
We have a fully equipped exercise room for a total body workout, and a walking track above the gym.
- Elliptical Trainer
- 2 Stationary bikes
- Free weights (450lbs) w/olympic straight and curl bars.
- Training Rack w/Smith Bar, cables w/stacked weights, various attachments.
- Leg Extension/Leg Curl Bench
- Matts for stretching and ab work
- Jump ropes
Contact Robby Morris (Facility Coordinator) @ firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to stop by for a look see. click on pictures below for a closer look at equipment.