Small Groups for Study and Friendship
Gather at 9:45am in the Sanctuary for a brief “Opening Assembly,” where we sing a few favorite hymns, share prayer requests, and have a brief devotion. Sunday School classes begin at 10am, and include:
The Men’s Class (classroom in Fellowship Hall)
“The Class” for older adults of both genders (back of Sanctuary)
Lower Elementary for preK – 4th grade (FLC 215)
Youth for 5th – 12th grade (FLC 216)
Jean Christy Class for young adults and young at heart (FLC 205)
Hearing and Responding to God’s Word
11am Sunday Worship
Our Sunday morning worship is mostly traditional but not stuffy. You can expect music led both by the organ and the piano; times to share prayer requests out loud and times for structured prayer; sermons that are Scripture-based and geared toward personal application.
A special note for visitors
If it’s your first time…
We know it can be a little uncomfortable to visit a new place for the first time. Let us put your mind to ease with a few tips on what to expect:
- Parking is located on Main Street, Chestnut Street, and a large gravel lot at the corner of 3rd and Locust
- There are two entrances to the Sanctuary: from Main Street and from Chestnut Street.
- These doors will lead into the back of the Sanctuary. You can expect a greeter to welcome you and hand you a bulletin as you walk in.
- Two single-room restrooms are located in the back of the Sanctuary.
- A rocking chair great for young parents is located in the Library (at the back of the Sanctuary).
- Hearing assistance devices and copies of the sermon manuscript are located in the Chestnut Street entryway.
For the Kids
We have a special place in our hearts for children! Children are welcome in worship. Clipboards with coloring and activities are provided in the back of the Sanctuary. A rocking chair for nursing mothers is located in the library at the back of the Sanctuary. For parents who would like a break (or children who would prefer to play!), a staffed nursery is provided on the second floor of the Family Life Center.